Time for a change


Now don't get to excited, it isn't a dramatic change but it has been some time since my last post and so we need some uplifting change in the blog.

It has been a little over 8 months since my last post and my has a lot happened in the last 8 months. Changes both of good and bad have come onto my path in the past 8 months. 

After ending a 2 and 1/2 year relationship which kept me in New York, I took the opportunity to return home for a change of pace. So I packed up my car and hit the road for the journey home. I was able to make the trip in about 3 and 1/2 days, many travelers didn't believe I could make the trip in such a short time but I was determined. Many assumed I wasn't able to see any sites along the way but I SURE DID!







The trip was fun, filled with adventure and emotions but I made it back to the west coast to start a new chapter. Upon arriving to the west coast, my plans changed drastically as I decided to relocate to Eugene instead of stay in Seattle, which was the original part of the plan. But I am glad for changes in the plan as I got to spend time with family, make new friends, and meet the man has changed the way I thought I should be treated as a woman.


My army man, Ryan, he is currently attending the University of Oregon and studying history. He grew up in Medford, enjoyed life, joined the Army and did a tour in Iraq. He doesn't like to talk about the Army because he feels too man Army individuals "brag" about the time they spent serving their country and showing off their battle scares. Don't get me wrong, he is grateful for the opportunity and most importantly the Army men which he know calls his brothers. We have enjoyed the opportunity to get to know each other and we are happy we found each other. Some may say it was too soon after my breakup to start up a relationship with someone else and at times I felt the same way. But I figured if it felt right, it felt right and it was my place to decide.


While I was getting to know Ryan and reuniting with family and friends, I was also starting a new line of work. I began training at Royal Caribbean International Cruise Line, it lasted but a few months and my was it rocky. The training was long and draining and there was not enough hands on experience before we hit the floor at the busiest time of the year. On top of that, Royal does not know how to treat their employees not matter how pretty of a smile they put on. I am glad I tried something new and happy to not be there anymore.


Upon the arrival of the new year, the previous family I was working for in New York had called me and asked for me to return. It was the hardest descions I have had to make in a long while. I did miss New York but I was enjoying being so close to family and I had a very new relationshop. But he was very supportive in the long process of making the right desicion for me no matter how hard it would be for us. I have been in New York since January 1st and it has been VERY hard. I enjoy the family very much as they keep me on my toes and entertained to say the least. The opporuntity this job has provided me is unquestionable but I do wish I was back in Eugene here and there. Ryan and I are able to Skype everynight, he is such a trooper, and he supports me every time I cry. Working here in New York has allowed me to work towards getting debt free, I have paid of three of my four credit cards! In fact, I am saving so well, I am looking forward to possibly going to ITALY for a week during the summer!


Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the LONG post and the update. Miss you and Love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I did it again...

The Proof

Never